If you need an unbelievably easy recipe that is sure to impress your loved ones then try these lavender chocolate truffles. They are rich and decadent, with just the right balance of salty and sweet. My kids gobble these up a little too fast so I try to keep it on the down-low when I make them. Just a warning.
Head on over to The Lookout Farm’s online shop and stock up on culinary lavender so you can make these whenever a craving hits!
Lavender Chocolate Truffles
These rich chocolate truffles are infused with lavender and have the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp dried lavender buds
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips mini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups toasted hazelnuts finely chopped
- Bring cream to a low boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, add lavender and salt.
- Steep for 10 minutes and then strain cream, discarding all lavender buds.
- Place cream back on stove over medium heat, adding chocolate and vanilla. Continually stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a covered 8 x 8 pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove chilled chocolate and mix using a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on medium until smooth, around 1 minute. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Hand roll chocolate into balls according to desired size. Return to refrigerator to chill while preparing nuts.
- Chop toasted nuts finely or lightly grind them, adding a pinch of salt and combining.
- Roll each truffle in chopped nuts and return to refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
No matter their age, your loved ones will devour these in no time. Now go show someone you love them today!